- The days your class has P.E., you are expected to be prepared for class with your P.E. clothes and shoes.
- You are to get changed as quickly as possible and get started on the warm-up activity right away.
- Participation is a big part of your grade. You are expected to participate to the best of your ability every day.
- Have fun!
Grading and Discipline Policies
Welcome back to school! Here is some information about Physical Education this year.
Students who are in grades K-5 will need to have a separate pair of tennis shoes to keep here at school.
Students who are in grades 6-8 will be responsible for having the items listed below for physical education class. You may mark the back of your shirt with your last name if you’d like.
- Shirt – preferably gray. This shirt may be a warm up shirt used for an athletic team here at Wallace. The shirt should be school appropriate. No inappropriate logos, or sleeve-less shirts will be allowed.
- Shorts – preferably navy blue. Make sure the shorts are long enough to come down below the fingertips if the arms are at the side. Shorts shorter than the fingertips will not be allowed.
- Shoes – tennis shoes that are worn to school are not allowed to be worn in the gym. A separate pair of shoes needs to be brought to school and left in the P.E. locker room for class.
Students who do not bring one of the items listed above will receive a check for each one of the items missing.
If a student accumulates 6 checks in one quarter the student will receive a detention. Checks will accumulate on a quarterly basis.
Physical Education Grading and Discipline Policies
Students in grades 5 - 8 will be given 10 points per day for participation and preparedness.
The gymnasium is a classroom. Everyone should act like they would if they were in the traditional classroom. If problem arises, a warning will be given and a maximum of 10 points could be taken away. Depending on the severity of the situation the following consequences may be used: removal from the activity, phone call home, removal from the locker room, detention, sent to the office.
I will keep track of warnings in my grade book. If more than two warnings a week occur, a phone call home will be made.
If you have any questions please let me know (email@example.com) Thank you and I look forward to a great school year!